Benchmark Your Incubator Management Practices –
and Access Tools for Continuous Improvement
Dedicated incubation professionals are always looking for ways to enhance their program's effectiveness and efficiency. This online tool, based on research funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration, will provide incubator managers with the input they need to do just that. Using this tool, incubation practitioners can measure their program’s performance compared with the business incubation practices deemed most important to client success, as well as receive feedback on how to improve their program’s operations.
Use this tool to:
- Evaluate your incubation program's performance in correlated best practice areas
- Discover your incubation program's areas of excellence
- See where your program can improve
- Learn more about incubation best practices and how to achieve them
How to use this tool
- Click on “Practioners Toolkit” below to start.
- Answer each question and then click on “Submit Answer.” The box to the right of the question will display information that explains why a particular practice is important and provides links to resources that will help you improve in this area.
- To proceed to the next question, click on “NEXT.” You must click on “Submit Answer” before you can go on to the next question. You can go back to previous questions by clicking on “PREVIOUS.”
- When you finish the tool, you will be able to create a PDF copy of the report. The toolkit does not save your responses, so it’s important to create this PDF report for your records and further review.